REPORTS TO: LISA EUKER, STUDIO DIRECTOR
RPM is a full-service agency tailored for live entertainment and experiences. Our team works directly with clients on campaigns that are effective and progressive in both strategy and creativity. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, and The Phantom of the Opera, plus Second Stage Theater, Madison Square Garden Entertainment, and others. Our roster has recently expanded to the interactive experience realm, including City Experiences cruises, Constellation Immersive and Summit: One Vanderbilt.
Even through the global pandemic, RPM continues to provide premiere marketing, creative, and strategy to our clients as we prepare for Broadway’s triumphant return in 2021.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of daily and long-term deliverables for a select group of clients. The Project Manager is the agency’s point person for making sure things get done smoothly and on time for a full range of materials, including digital, social, print, out of home, and web. The Project Manager maintains deliverables lists, creates thorough creative briefs, tracks projects through communicating with members of the creative team, and makes sure deadlines are met. This is achieved by taking ownership of the projects and answering questions about the brief, being the first set of eyes on projects to make sure goals have been achieved, sending creative for internal review, and communicating feedback. The Project Manager works closely with various staff members including but not limited to art directors, designers, production artists, editors, and copywriters to ensure execution of creative deliverables.
- Work with the Account Executive to create and maintain deliverables lists for multiple clients in RPM’s project management software, and keep projects moving forward internally to ensure deadlines are met
- Craft clear creative briefs for new projects, and answer any questions from the creative team that come up during the process
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish, and problem-solve any issues that could cause a project to get stuck internally
- Update Account Executive on deliverables status, and provide creative team with daily priorities for their shows
- Seek necessary internal approvals on deliverables from the creative team, and communicate feedback to designers
- Ensure timely release of deliverables, and flag the Studio Director and Client Director ahead of time if there are any obstacles to the project staying on track
- Traffic all ad creative to appropriate vendors and external partners
- 3+ years in project management and some form of client/hospitality/customer servicing, ideally in an agency environment
- Experience in simultaneously managing/organizing many projects with hard deadlines
- Experience communicating with clients/customers
- Knowledge of different types of advertising materials and workflow for creating a digital ad versus print ad, etc.
- Flexibility to thrive in a start-up environment that is constantly changing
- Ability to multitask and quickly switch from working on one project to another
- Experience working with project management software
- Knowledge of creative workflow in an agency environment and how to route deliverables from ideation to copy to design
- Basic understanding of creative/design terminology
- Ability to solve unexpected problems swiftly and without drama
- Ability to work with multiple people and personalities
- Interest in New York theater, arts, and culture scene
- A true problem solver who is able to anticipate roadblocks and offer solutions
- Late-night, early-morning, and weekend work may be necessary at times
YOUR TYPICAL DAY:
You spend your morning reviewing and updating the hot list of creative deliverables to help the team prioritize their most urgent work for the day and make sure everyone is aligned on what needs to get done and by when. You check in with the designers working on your projects to get a clear picture on the status of all outstanding deliverables, and provide them answers to any questions they have surrounding their work. You gather input from the Client Director and AE on a creative brief for an upcoming project, then route the brief to the Studio Director for assignment. Your afternoon is spent in a handful of internal creative meetings as the point person on what the assignment is and when materials are due. You then open up new jobs in RPM’s project management and time-tracking software, check back in on the status of open projects, and route deliverables through the review/approval process.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
A successful Project Manager at RPM will instill confidence in fellow team members that they have complete ownership and understanding of all the details associated with their creative projects. Team members will find this person quick on their feet, able to rapidly shift priorities when last-minute changes or new projects come their way, solution-oriented, and enjoyable to work with. The Project Manager will also impeccably maintain deliverables lists to ensure no projects fall through the cracks. A successful Project Manager is a great communicator with a feel for how to best approach team members across multiple departments. This person works closely with the creative team to make sure that they are fully briefed on what needs to be done and aware of deadlines, communicates with the Client Director to manage client expectations, chats with the creative leadership team for feedback, and is comfortable being assertive in following up for feedback when the deadline approaches. This position will require detail-oriented work in a fast-moving environment, and a successful Project Manager will thrive by taking the time to ensure i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed, and, at the same time, move swiftly to keep projects moving forward.
Send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Project Manager" in the subject line of the email. Any applications sent without the required materials or proper subject line will not be considered.
RPM Agency LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.