REPORTS TO: PARTNERSHIPS AND PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR
RPM is a dynamic, full-service ad agency with a bold vision for the live entertainment space. Our team of experienced industry professionals aims to create a trust-filled partnership with clients, focusing on clear communication, streamlined workflow, and creative that captures the imagination. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion for the new and uncharted. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Waitress, Moulin Rouge!, Jagged Little Pill, Slave Play, Oklahoma!, plus Second Stage Theater, American Ballet Theatre, and Big Apple Circus.
The Partnerships and Promotions Manager will execute promotional opportunities and sales partnerships for all of RPM’s clients; oversee outbound group sales efforts and attend trade shows in the travel and tourism space; and work to both increase our clients’ existing audience base and develop new audiences. This position reports to the Partnerships and Promotions Director, and will collaborate with all department staff and apprentices/interns.
- Work with Director on partnership and promotional strategies for multiple RPM clients
- Continuously brainstorm unique, show-specific promotions and events for clients
- Pitch and execute promotional opportunities and corporate partnerships
- Plan and execute production-based promotional events and appearances with cast and creative team members
- Work with Media and Social Managers to develop 360-degree, cross-promotional value-adds with media partners
- Work with external travel and tourism partners to increase group and FIT business for clients
- Serve as primary liaison with General Management offices and group sellers and agents
- Serve as primary liaison with industry-standard sales partners
- Work with Client Director to prepare and present materials for recurring client meetings
- 3-5 years of theatrical marketing experience
- The ideal candidate will be personable and professional with a natural ability to multitask
- Schedule-driven and results-focused
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A true problem-solver who’s able to anticipate roadblocks and offer solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to cold-call and pitch promotional partners
- Passion for the New York theater, arts, and culture scene
- Late night, early morning, and weekend work will be necessary at times
YOUR TYPICAL DAY AT THE OFFICE:
Your day kicks off with a client meeting at the office. You walk the producer through a high-profile partnership you’ve set up with a trendy clothing brand — a relationship that will provide national exposure for the client through both digital initiatives and an in-store event at the retailer’s Manhattan location. After the conversation, there are still some details that need to be ironed out, so you hop on the phone with the partnerships manager at the clothing brand to finalize terms of the agreement. While you’re finishing up that phone call, you get an email from another client who’s got a light sales week coming up and is looking to move mid-mezzanine tickets at an aggressive price. You put together a quick proposal for a discount push through a popular ticketing service, with the plan calling for you to coordinate a launch later in the week. After a call with a GM about an upcoming event for group sales agents, you head to the theater to facilitate a talkback event with an important group attending the performance.
HOW YOU DEFINE SUCCESS:
The ideal Partnerships and Promotions Manager will find success in developing and executing successful partnerships that leave both the client and the partner impressed with the results.