REPORTS TO: NATHAN MCGAUGHEY, COPY AND CONTENT DIRECTOR
RPM is a full-service agency tailored for live entertainment and experiences. Our team works directly with clients on campaigns that are effective and progressive in both strategy and creativity. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, and The Phantom of the Opera, plus Madison Square Garden Entertainment, and others.
Even through the global pandemic, RPM continues to provide premiere marketing, creative, and strategy to our clients as we prepare for Broadway’s triumphant return in 2021.
The Writer works with the creative team to develop campaign messaging and content from the ground up. They will be responsible for the writing the copy, taglines, scripts, and project treatments for multiple high-profile accounts. The Writer will also work closely with the art & design team to ensure that visuals and messaging are working in harmony.
- Campaign Development: Serve as the lead writer on all copy-driven projects for assigned clients, including the marketing blurb, taglines, scripts, treatments, and storyboards.
- Content Development: Script, present, and collaborate in the development of video content for clients from concept to final edit. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with production teams, directors, and editors, and working with voice over artist.
- Brand Identity: Create brand style guides to ensure that a client has a consistent voice across all marketing channels.
- Copywriting: Write day-to-day copy for ongoing campaign work, including emails, social ads, and other base-level collateral. This involves collaborating with art directors to bring projects to completion.
- Social: Review top-level social media content in conjunction with the Social Media Manager.
- 1+ years in marketing copywriting and/or content development, ideally in an agency environment.
- Client-facing experience presenting creative work.
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional writing skills.
- Video / Audio production experience a plus.
- Management skills a plus.
- Pragmatic thinking, with the ability to anticipate roadblocks and offer solutions.
- Late night, early morning and weekend work will be occasionally required.
YOUR TYPICAL WORK DAY:
A new creative campaign is being developed for an established musical. After walking through the project brief with the Executive Creative Director, you partner with an Art Director for an hour of brainstorming. An idea for a new positioning angle pops up, which you develop through an online commercial script and an outdoor ad campaign. You and the Art Director review her sketches and your scripts, refining the ideas into a cohesive campaign. As you wrap up that call you notice a content calendar from the Social Media Manager waiting for your review. After providing some notes, you start work on a digital content series proposal for a different client. You wrap up your day with a pre-production call with a Broadway director, in prep for an upcoming key art shoot taking place next month.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
The ideal Senior Writer will take great pride in seeing their thoughtful work out in the world. They will constantly bring fresh ideas and material to a project in order to solve the marketing challenge of the moment. Success can take many forms, as the Senior Writer must balance their own creative vision with the desires of our clients. Finding that winning approach will be seen as a victory over a compromise for the ideal candidate.
Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with "Copywriter" in the subject line of the email. Any applications sent without the required materials or proper subject line will not be considered.
RPM Agency LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.