REPORTS TO: JACOB COOPER, SENIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR
RPM is a full-service agency tailored for live entertainment and experiences. Our team works directly with clients on campaigns that are effective and progressive in both strategy and creativity. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Music Man, The Phantom of the Opera, plus, Madison Square Garden Entertainment, and others. Our roster has recently expanded to the interactive experience realm, including City Experiences cruises, and Constellation Immersive.
Even through the global pandemic, RPM continues to provide premiere marketing, creative, and strategy to our clients as we prepare for Broadway’s triumphant return in 2021.
The Art Director role is responsible for leading the visual execution of brands for our clients. The Art Director will serve as Design Lead on some projects, responsible for developing and maintaining a strong visual identity for the brand. The Art Director will lead the charge in developing key art, provide direction and hands-on design for major campaign deliverables, and review advertising assets. The Art Director’s work will stretch across various mediums including digital, A/V, out-of-home, print and social content. Many projects will require the Art Director to personally create sophisticated comps, while at other times they will manage other designers to execute work fully to their standards.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors on major design projects
- Utilize strategy to help develop thoughtful, unexpected and effective key art that can fluidly span across all mediums
- Serve in the Design Lead role on select accounts, responsible for driving all visual aspects of a campaign and being the main point-of-contact with the client on design-related topics
- Design major advertising collateral, including billboards, front-of-house, outdoor advertising, and direct mail pieces
- Frequently review materials before they leave the door, ensuring high quality and brand consistency
- Present work to clients in a thoughtful and effective manner
- Manage and mentor ascending designers
- 3+ years in design, ideally in an agency environment as a Senior Designer or Art Director
- Expertise in Photoshop and related Adobe tools, with an emphasis on print-ready poster design
- Experience presenting creative to clients
- Ability to create high-quality comps in a timely manner
- Experience collaborating on digital and A/V projects
- Interest in New York theater, arts and culture scene
- A true problem solver who is able to anticipate roadblocks and offer solutions
- Late-night, early-morning and weekend work will be required at times
YOUR TYPICAL DAY AT THE OFFICE:
After catching up on some emails and Slacks, you check in with the Creative Director and Production Designer on the latest round of edits for a new out-of-home ad campaign that’s releasing later that day. After providing some feedback, you check in with the Studio Director to review this week’s priorities. There’s a lot in store: The photographer for Sunday’s shoot needs some lighting reference, a logo redesign for a long-running show is just getting started with an external designer, and a key art presentation for an upcoming Broadway play needs to be completed. You head out to lunch before tackling these projects. The afternoon is largely spent on the key art exploration, with a few hours spent designing a handful of comps. You end the day with calls to the logo designer and a check-in with the Creative Director before wrapping.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
A successful Art Director at RPM will move the live entertainment industry forward with sharp design savvy and progressive creative thinking. Clients will enjoy collaborating on innovative campaigns with the AD, and fellow RPM employees will find this person thoughtful and solution-oriented. This position will require dedicated work in a fast-moving environment, and the successful AD will thrive by balancing the practical needs of the agency with their artistic vision.
Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with "Art Director" in the subject line of the email. Any applications sent without the required materials or proper subject line will not be considered.
RPM Agency LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.