REPORTS TO: JACOB COOPER, SENIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR
RPM is a full-service agency tailored for live entertainment and experiences. Our team works directly with clients on campaigns that are effective and progressive in both strategy and creativity. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, and The Phantom of the Opera, plus Second Stage Theater, Madison Square Garden Entertainment, and others. Our roster has recently expanded to the interactive experience realm, including City Experiences cruises and Summit: One Vanderbilt.
Even through the global pandemic, RPM continues to provide premiere marketing, creative, and strategy to our clients as we prepare for Broadway’s triumphant return in 2021.
The Motion Graphics Designer works with the creative team on campaigns that feature dynamic movement from the start. They will contribute to the branding of each project by creating a distinct style for motion assets. They will then execute deliverables with this creative approach, including digital billboards, commercials, and online ads.
- Create and deliver motion graphics across the agency’s brands for use in deliverables, including social, broadcast, and web
- Collaborate with design and copy teams to interpret campaign strategy into motion
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation style, etc.
- Work with editors, producers and art directors to bring static key art to life
- Augment edited footage with effects/titles/motion elements
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share motion perspectives and ideas
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of files
- 5+ years of motion graphics experience
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, and particularly After Effects
- Ability to execute work in a swift and timely manner
- Ability to work on multiple brands at once and prioritize projects
- Strong collaboration skills across various teams (design, copy, accounts)
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Basic video editing skills are a strong plus
- Late night, early morning and weekend work will be occasionally required
YOUR TYPICAL WORK DAY:
A client has requested a new motion campaign to run across streaming platforms. You join a brainstorm meeting with a copywriter and art director where you figure out an animation approach for the graphic-focused spot that can be executed quickly to meet the client's timeline. After a few hours of experimenting you gather the team again to review various samples. A final direction is chosen, and you spend the afternoon on a rough first pass of the spot. The day wraps with a briefing on an upcoming pitch in which digital Times Square billboards will be comped. You set up an overnight render before logging out for the day
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
The ideal Motion Graphics Artist will create distinct movement for every campaign. They will enjoy experimenting and keeping a finger on the pulse of motion trends across the entertainment industry. Resourcefulness will pay off; discovering simple ways to create dynamic effects will lead to a steady flow of exciting work getting out the door. Building a strong relationship with the creative team will lead to seeing the results of the collaborative work all over New York.
Please submit a resume, a link to view your motion graphics reel, and a short description of your role in creating the work shown in your reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your reel should show the breadth of video deliverables you’ve completed.
RPM Agency LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.