REPORTS TO: Camille Wright, Head of Partnerships, Community Engagement and Advocacy
RPM is a full-service agency tailored for live entertainment and experiences. Our team works directly with clients on campaigns that are effective and progressive in both strategy and creativity. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Moulin Rouge!, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Phantom of the Opera, and also Madison Square Garden Entertainment, and others.
Even through the global pandemic, RPM continues to provide premiere marketing, creative, and strategy to our clients as we launch Broadway’s triumphant return.
The Marketing Associate supports our Marketing Director in all their efforts across multiple clients. The Marketing Associate will be responsible for coverage at/supporting preshow and postshow events (and during), assisting with partnership and promotions research/outreach, and general administrative duties related to communicating with production team members.
- Execute outreach for all shows (cold ask emails/calls for partnership outreach)
- Research marketing-related projects (contact information, restaurants, bars, hotels, etc.)
- Manage communications with sales partners, including ticket requests, vouchers, and event invites
- Facilitate trade ticket requests
- Collaborate on brainstorming for events and promotions
- Work alongside Director to help plan and execute production-based promotional events and appearances with cast and creative team members
- Assist with event planning for events large and small
- Help with coverage for smaller events (press events/performances, curtain call tapings, surprise and delights, etc.)
- Organize assets needed for all shows
- Work with team intern to maintain admin documents for the team
- Draft creative briefs for our creative team to execute deliverables for marketing efforts
- Compile memos and posting notices for all shows
- Prepare meeting notes before meetings with potential partners
- Enter data (email sign-ups) from marketing events
- Research influencers and social crossover partnerships
YOUR TYPICAL DAY AT THE OFFICE:
No two days are the same at RPM! One day, you can expect to be working from home, collaborating with our project managers, producers, and social media team to execute various projects across our shows and creating manifests for trade tickets. Another day, you might be out and about in the city, supporting an event at Bryant Park, running an errand at a theater, or making a site visit with a potential partner. Each new show, new project, and new day brings variety to what you’ll be doing at RPM.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
A successful Marketing Associate will have exceptional project management skills, know when to ask questions to help them move forward, and will be able to navigate nimbly when working across various teams, projects, and timelines. Their ability to reliably execute tasks to aid in the timely progression of projects will be of the utmost importance.
- 1+ years in a marketing or social marketing position, preferably in the Broadway industry or the arts/culture
- Experience and comfort creating new business relationships, interacting with people of all levels of career depth
- A passion for hosting of/management of events
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptional project management skills
- Passion for the New York arts and culture scene with an interest in or knowledge of New York tourism, local businesses, institutions, and nonprofits is a plus
- A true problem-solver who is able to anticipate roadblocks and offer solutions
- Late night, early morning, and weekend work will be required at times (your workday may vary with start times)
- Be proficient in Google Suite services (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive)
- Passion for working with people and providing them the best possible working environment
- This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position with benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email to email@example.com with résumé and cover letter. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.
WHY JOIN RPM?
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days, 5 Sick Days per year and paid agency holidays
- Very flexible work from home policy
- Transit/Flex spending
- Medical and dental coverage - Oxford Freedom, RPM covers 70% of health insurance costs
- Agency laptop provided
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- 401(k), RPM will match annual contributions up to 4%
- A variety of team events such as chances to go see a partnering show, in office activities & happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
RPM Agency LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.